Condé Nast seeks an Art Production Associate to support content creation for our iconic brands as part of
the global production team. This position will play an integral role, working alongside content creators,
designers, visuals editors, copy editors and fact checkers, to ensure layouts and images meet the highest
standards and are published in a timely manner.
Responsibilities may include:
● Prepares and QAs assets for publication across digital and print, working seamlessly across
● Adapts print content for web and web-first stories for print, setting up layouts in the CMS.
● Flows and styles text, applying style sheets and tightening layouts, working with editors and
designers to resolve fit, creating and distributing PDF proofs or web previews.
● Traffics stories through workflow in collaboration with Editorial and Creative teams.
● Supports the Creative teams by creating contact sheets, PDFs, and performing light retouching in
Photoshop including silos and image comps, trafficking images to Repro when needed.
● Works with Production Directors, Director of Editorial Operations, and local market editors/leads
to execute daily tasks and track progress, ensuring the editorial team meets all content deadlines.
● Delivers final assets for networked content to global teams, including hi-res images and layouts
for use in print, social, and web.
● Prepares layouts and exports hi-res print-ready PDFs via Dalim or equivalent delivery system
(aka “shipping pages”).
● Performs quality check and may approve DBLs (digital blue lines, “blue prints,” sherpas, or
equivalent proofs) for press.
● Maintains design templates and libraries and assists in archiving duties post-publication.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
● 2+ years experience working in publishing, media, or a similar field
● Technical skills: Proficient working in InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, and Illustrator with
experience using K4 and/or web content management system.
● Strong communication skills and high attention to detail.
● Highly-proficient English speaker.
● Ability to set and enforce deadlines, communicate effectively with stakeholders.
● Strong visual eye and meticulous in the performance of daily tasks.
● Highly-organized person with ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
● Thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced creative environment.