The Audience Development Manager for Architectural Digest (AD) reports to the Global Director of Audience Development for AD, and implements the audience growth and content distribution strategy that extends the reach and amplification of content, particularly across social, SEO, email, partnerships and other multi-platform channels for AD in MX/LATAM.
This person ensures the Aud Dev and Edit teams deliver the audience that the business needs, so that AD retains its leadership position in a competitive landscape. This person grows audiences – to our websites, to social, to video, and newsletters – and ensures they are the ‘right’ audiences so that consumer and commercial revenue teams can deliver against their targets and ambitions.
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about digital media, and one who is comfortable working at the intersection of editorial, audience development, product and consumer marketing. They will sit alongside editors and be pivotal to enabling the success of the newly evolved teams.`
- Grow and develop AD’s audience in MX/LATAM to enable us to achieve our commercial and consumer revenue ambitions.
- Implement the Global Aud Dev & Social strategy, adapting it for the market and culture. The strategy will be multiplatform, including but not limited to website, social, video, and newsletter.
- Work to consistently reach KPIs and ensure goals are met throughout the year.
- Guide editors on story outputs and implement processes for feedback and optimization.
- Provide actionable insights to content teams daily, monthly and quarterly so editors understand what’s resonating – and what’s not resonating.
- Plan and execute distribution strategies for global and local stories (cover reveals, cover interviews, tentpole events).
- Work with the global SEO team to guide SEO evergreen updates, SEO cleanups and redirects with editorial teams, and maintain day-to-day SEO best practices in conjunction with the editorial team.
- Work with Global Director of Audience Development and Assoc Director of Global Analytics and other Aud Dev leaders to guide syndication across the region based on data.
- Manage the distribution strategy for newsletters, working with the editorial teams to guide daily newsletter content curation.
- Test, develop, implement and share video viewing experiences, including intentional viewing on O&O channels and off-platform.
- Collaborate with teams to strengthen consumer revenue initiatives (such as memberships, events, commerce).
- Identify new content, platform and marketing opportunities based on emerging digital trends, competitive business intelligence and consumer insight.
- Experience in the media and entertainment industry, digital advertising agency or online marketing, advertising, or publishing organization, with a thorough understanding of online business models and strategies.
- Proven ability to grow audiences through SEO, social media, newsletters and partnerships.
- Inspirational and effective line management skills, with a knack for finding inefficiencies and creating collaborative workflows.
- Experience with Sailthru (or a similar ESP), Parse.ly and Google Analytics (or a similar analytics platform) a plus.
- Previous experience in successfully creating, executing and analyzing A/B test strategies across platforms.
- Ability to clearly articulate and present to editorial colleagues and all levels of management.
- Entrepreneurial, digitally savvy, with exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.