Audience Development Manager, WIRED
WIRED en español is looking for a creative and innovative media talent to join our audience development, social and analytics team. A perfect candidate will understand how to develop, engage, and inform audiences across platforms, and be clued in on emerging networks and how WIRED can use them effectively. The Audience Development Manager for WIREDen español reports to the Global Director of Audience Development for WIRED and implements the audience growth and content distribution strategy that extends the reach and amplification of content, particularly across social, SEO, email, partnerships, and other channels. They will also be part of the larger Audience Development team at Condé Nast.
This role grows audiences and ensures they are the ‘right’ audiences so that consumer and commercial revenue teams can deliver against their targets and ambitions.
The ideal candidate is passionate about digital media and is comfortable working at the intersection of editorial, audience development, product, and consumer marketing. They will sit alongside editors and be pivotal in enabling the success of the newly evolved teams.
- Grow and develop WIRED’s Spanish speaking audience globally to enable us to achieve our commercial and consumer revenue ambitions.
- Implement the Global Aud Dev & Social strategy, adapting it for the market and culture. The strategy will be multiplatform, including but not limited to website, social, video, and newsletter.
- Work to consistently reach KPIs and ensure goals are met throughout the year.
- Guide editors on story outputs and implement processes for feedback and optimization.
- Provide actionable insights to content teams daily, monthly and quarterly so editors understand what’s resonating – and what’s not.
- Plan and execute distribution strategies for global and local stories (cover reveals, cover interviews, tentpole events).
- Work with the global SEO team to guide SEO evergreen updates, SEO cleanups, and redirects with editorial teams, and maintain day-to-day SEO best practices in conjunction with the editorial team.
- Work with the Global Director of Audience Development, Associate Director of Planning, and other leaders to guide syndication across the region based on data.
- Manage the distribution strategy for newsletters, working with the editorial teams to guide daily newsletter content curation.
- Test, develop, implement and share video viewing experiences, including intentional viewing on O&O channels and off-platform.
- Collaborate with teams to strengthen consumer revenue initiatives (such as memberships, events, and commerce).
- Identify new content, platform, and marketing opportunities based on emerging digital trends, competitive business intelligence, and consumer insight.
- Assist social team in breaking news situations, all-hands-on-deck events, and weekend coverage.
- Develop relationships with audience development managers across other Condé Nast brands to share strategies and best practices.
- Work with the team to promote and support events.
- Experience in the media and entertainment industry, digital advertising agency, or online marketing, advertising, or publishing organization, with a thorough understanding of online business models and strategies.
- Proven ability to grow audiences through SEO, social media, newsletters, and partnerships.
- Inspirational and effective line management skills, with a knack for finding inefficiencies and creating collaborative workflows.
- Experience with Sailthru (or a similar ESP), Parse.ly, and Google Analytics (or a similar analytics platform) is a plus.
- Previous experience in successfully creating, executing, and analyzing A/B test strategies across platforms.
- Ability to articulate and present to editorial colleagues and all levels of management.
- Entrepreneurial, and digitally savvy, with exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working across departments and working on collaborative projects.
Condé Nast is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status and other legally protected characteristics.