Condé Nast seeks a Digital Designer supporting GQ. This is a new role which will be focused on designing digital and social-first assets for global distribution across the GQ Network. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in design, typography, and motion design. This individual will also be highly collaborative and possess strong organizational skills, as well as have a proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequently arising daily and weekly deadlines.
Responsibilities may include:
- Work with social and design teams to translate global cover stories and features into assets that range from animated Instagram stories to static quote cards for newsletters.
- Create unique still and motion assets for GQ Hype, GQ Sports, GQ Recommends, GQ3 (Discord and Web3), newsletters, web features, TikTok, and events.
- Create original branding, design and global standards for new GQ newsletters and social franchises, as well refresh identity for annual franchises such as Most Stylish Man of the Year.
- Create subscription promotional assets for social and newsletters.
- Work closely with the design team to maintain quality and consistency while evolving GQ’s global visual identity on social.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in social design and animation, preferably for editorial content.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with multiple team members, departments, and sub-brands.
- Strong knowledge of design principles with an emphasis on typographic hierarchy and color theory.
- Awareness of the latest trends in static and motion design.