Conde Nast seeks a dynamic Financial Analyst to work in Financial Planning and Analysis Department.
- Prepare annual operating budget, quarterly reforecasts, and work with department heads to determine necessary forecast adjustments and budget needs (working with Editorial, Ad Sales and Marketing departments at the brands).
- Execute the month end accounting close. This includes, investigating & reporting budget variances, and creating journal entries.
- Analyze P&L to explain variances to budget, latest reforecast and prior year.
- Identifying, investigating, analyzing and communicating the risks and opportunities impacting the business.
- Meet with members of the Publishing and Edit teams at the brand level to review year-to-date spend and tracking vs budget.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as required.
- Meeting, presenting and collaborating with Management.
- Bachelor’s degree required; finance/accounting background preferred.
- 2-3 years of quantitative and/or financial analysis experience. Experience in media and entertainment a plus.
- Prior experience with P&L’s and financial modeling is strongly preferred.
- Proven creative problem-solving and quantitative skills. A strategic thinker who is also proficient in modeling in-depth analyses from the ground up using Excel.
- Strong oral/written communication skills, solid presentation skills, and excellent analytical skills are essential.
- Quick learner and problem solver.
- Self-driven with ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Robust analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, with the ability to interpret and synthesize financial data and present in an accurate, concise, digestible and actionable manner.