The Procurement Manager will be part of the procurement leadership group and help develop and deliver the group procurement strategy across all parts of CNM.
will be responsible for creating and implementation of sourcing strategies for the key areas of the company with internal customers and external suppliers to reduce costs and risks for CNM. You will be in coordination with the Global Procurement team in order to implement the management strategy, KPIs and engagement framework.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that the procurement policy is adapted and implemented in the local market
- Act as the relationship manager to the local market for all central procurement initiatives.
- Apply best practice process and tools to the local market
- Support the training and development of market staff in procurement skills and the policy and process
- Act as the point of contact for the local market on all central procurement initiatives
- To communicate and ensure adoption of all group procurement deals as applicable to their market
- Support the roll-out and promote the use of all e-procurement tools within the market
- Ensure that all statutory regulations and laws are adhered to in the local market as relates to procurement activity and support the COO in reporting on them
- Actively measure and monitor savings delivery in the local market and provide reports on savings to the central team
- Support and collaborate on global sourcing opportunities as applicable
- Lead on global sourcing opportunities with suppliers based within the local market but providing goods/services to other markets
- To lead the supplier relationship management activity on global suppliers based within the market
- Ensure local input to the group supplier risk management strategy
- Create a pipeline of savings targets within the local market which are agreed with the business for 70% of local market spend not shared with other markets
- Lead all local sourcing activity for initiatives with an annual projected spend exceeding (USD$50k or equivalent but to be discussed)
- Ensure that robust contracts are agreed with key suppliers that protect CNM risks and allow effective management of the supplier through a service level agreement (SLA) and key performance indicators (KPI)
- Represent the COO/FD if required on the Procurement Governance group
- Track savings on contracts in the local market and provide reports as required to the COO/FD
- Support the local market in the use of the e-procurement tools
- Support the onboarding of local suppliers onto the e-procurement tools
Essential Skills & Requirements
- English speaker (desirable)
- Strong leader who can drive category strategies and influence all levels of the organisation especially where there is no explicit mandate given.
- Demonstrable success in driving strategies to completion
- Tenacity, drive, and an attention to detail
- Additional language skills would be useful but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly numerate
- Good knowledge of contract law
- Able to work on their own initiative.
- Highly proficient in MS Office, Visio and G-Suite