Social Media Lead
Wired Mexico/LatAm is seeking an enthusiastic Social Media Manager to manage day-to-day social posting and strategy for the digital team. This role is responsible for daily posting and scheduling on Facebook and Twitter as well as assisting on posting and scheduling for various other platforms including Instagram, Pinterest and TikTok. This role works very closely with the edit team on special projects like digital covers and events, as well as working with the marketing team on commercial/sponsored posts.
This person should have social media experience, strong writing skills, experience with social scheduling tools, good at choosing strong images, and be enthusiastic about joining a small and passionate team.
- Manage day-to-day posting, editing and optimization of content on multiple social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Master Wired’s editorial voice
- Work closely with editorial team to roll out monthly cover stories and features across social platforms
- Work with sales/marketing to deliver on sponsorships via social posts
- Build creative assets for various social platforms when necessary
- Coordinate with editors and publicists to ensure talent promotion of features on social
- Report on content performance and present social insights and best practices to Wired and Conde Nast’s digital team
- Make daily recommendations to, and work closely with, the editorial team
- Brainstorm new ideas and plan rollout strategies for testing with the audience development team
- At least 4 years of social media experience
- Passionate about social media and growing audiences
- Positive team player and an enthusiastic work ethic
- Familiarity with Wired’s content, tone and voice
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong editorial judgement
- Excellent organizational skills, focus, and attention to detail