The Syndication Specialist is responsible for rights analysis and assisting with content distribution for all global Condé Nast magazines, digital platforms and ancillary products. The candidate must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and highly motivated to work in a fast-paced, changing environment. Utilizing Rightsline, the Syndication Specialist’s responsibilities include reviewing and analyzing intellectual property and personality rights for a number of publications, conducting research to facilitate rights clearance and responding to requests from internal and external clients.
Skills and Experience
Minimum of two years of publishing experience
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Highly organized individual with ability to prioritize
Ability to work with people at all levels of a company
Ability to function effectively as part of a team and handle a high volume of work
Experience reviewing intellectual property rights
Rightsline experience a plus
About Condé Nast Legal
The Condé Nast Legal team is led by the General Counsel based in our London HQ Office and is comprised of colleagues in London as well as our Legal teams based in our various markets around the world (USA, Russia, China, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK, Mexico, India, Japan and Taiwan). We are also supported by a network of outside counsel where necessary and work closely with colleagues in Advance Legal who provide legal counsel on corporate and trademark matters to Condé Nast and our parent company, Advance Publications.
The Purpose of the Condé Nast Legal team is to help our business, shareholder and colleagues:
1. Make more informed decisions;
2. Solve and prevent legal and business problems;
3. Conduct business in the right way (and prove that they have done so);
4. Protect their assets, brands and people
We achieve our Purpose by:
1. Providing advice and training
2. Resolving issues and disputes
3. Developing legal systems, processes, policies, documents and tools that enable proactive legal risk management
4. Creating and managing legal documents and record records
5. Tracking and monitoring the external legal and policy trends that will shape the Digital, Publishing and Luxury marketplace of the future.
Condé Nast and its publications set the standard and our Legal Team are no exception. This means all Members of the Legal team are:
1. Technically excellent and continuously improving in the legal disciplines which will determine our future (particularly in the space where media, digital, data, consumer and adtech law meet);
2. Passionate about and committed to Condé Nast and the value of creativity to the economy and society;
3. Trustworthy, Ethical and have absolute integrity;
4. Pragmatic in our approach, always seeking solutions, open to change and embracing best practice in Legal Tech and Legal Ops;
5. International in outlook and curious about the world around us.